Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Are We Unfit for Democracy?????

Today our first practice GD session has started. In the first half I didn't get my turn. After lunch I got a chance. Our group had given a topic “How India can be a superpower?” and after our deliberation suddenly mam called some of those students who had already completed their session. Those students were quite surprise and mam ended up by giving them a topic “Are we Unfit for DEMOCRACY??” . After hearing the topic, I found myself with a lot of contents and I also wanted to put my points in front of others but I didn't. It’s not because of fear but something inside me couldn't let me speak. From that moment something started bothering me but I couldn't find the root cause and with that the GD session ended up. After that my friends were started asking me that why I am looking so perplexed but I couldn't answer them as I myself didn't know the cause. After sometime my two friends and I sat near the Administrative block and at that point something hit my mind and I found the reason and then I thought that rather saying it in front of them I should write in my blog so that everyone can read it.


I was not actually upset because of their performance but I was upset because of the topic itself. My heart gave the answer that ‘yes, you are unfit for the Democracy’. Then, in my mind two people started fighting. First one is me who I am used to be and the second one is a part of me who wants to raise his voice against his surrounding which made him to state that previous answer. Then after that I came to a proper answer and that is:-

It’s me when I see someone is bribing, instead of protesting I also do the same to get things done.

It’s me when I see a group of my friends are commenting on a girl, instead of protesting I also join them.

It’s me when I see a Father is giving dowry or taking it, instead of protesting I just wonder how rich or poor the father is.

It’s me when I see someone is assaulting his wife, instead of protesting I just act like I haven’t seen anything.

It’s me when I see someone can’t do something, instead of helping him/her I start to laugh at them.

It’s me when I see someone is trying to do something, instead of motivating him/her I start to comment on him/her.

It’s me when I see a girl is being raped, instead of helping her I just simply run away from the spot because I don’t want to involve in police case.

It’s me who sell my valuable vote just for the sake of 500 bucks.

It’s me who don’t want to do the things which I love to do because of the fear that I am going to be judged by my surrounding.

Yes, it’s me a common people of India who have been reading about Democracy since my childhood still not able to find where to find it.

Does the Democracy mean all this? Do you think we are actually democratic people?

Who are we to comment on anyone’s shoes, dressing sense, knowledge etc.?  Like us they have also rights to live their lives in their own way. Who are we to choose what’s better for them?  Let them decide what they want to do.  After all this is what Democracy means to be.

We people are blessed with this Democracy still we don’t care about this. Starting from the morning till the end of the day we people are just doing compromise because of the fear that what people will think about us.
  

Google source
I always fear that, what will people think of me.. and i feel very satisfied when for a moment or a day i'm able to ignore their judgments. I think when every individual of this country will think like me then that day is not so far when India will get back its Democracy and then only the definition of Democracy will be justified.

I would like to end up with a saying that “Sabse Bada Rog, Kya Kahenge Log”.


Thank you for reading my blog. Do mention my mistakes if any and please if you want to write your point on this topic then you are welcome. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

ipsa said...

I appreciate ur points sagar.I agree our country is not functioning as a democratic country.Its we ppl who are destroying the meaning of democracy.Democracy is giving rights to ppl like right of speech,freedom etc.But ppl of our country are misusing these rights when they comment on a girl they say we have the right of speech ..when they rape a girl its like yeah we are in a democratic country we have the freedom to do nethng we can rape anyone. We are not realising what is the real meaning of democracy is .Its not that we are unfit for democracy its high time for us to realise what actually democracy is and how we should implement it.If we dont have a democratic govt then we will end up in other forms of govt like in soudi arabia they have monarchy govt and they dont have a law for martial rape(rape by the husband) and statutory rape(rapes by adults on minors) this shows countries who do not have a democratic govt are no better than us.We need to have a real DEMOCRACY in our country.We need to change our mindset.

Unknown said...

ya we should change our mindset and tnx fr reading and sharing ur views ipsa

Pratikshya said...

And we need to consider the fact that other forms of government are unfit for India, like communism, monarchy, etc...
reflecting upon the past actions and feeling guilty is ok..we all have done certain things that we are not proud of...but there's always time to rectify it...we can start it from now...
And I agree that we need to feel accepted in the society, we search for that sense of belonging in a company of friends, where we won't be judged at every step...
this is, i would say,quite an emotionally overwhelming writeup....

Unknown said...

Yes pratikshya you are absolutely right and we the youngsters need to take the first step towards the revolution. Thanks for reading my article.

Facttecz Support said...

India never make a Democratic country..because of us only..we just thinking we can't make a Democratic country..we should have to change own self..then we got to India have a democractic country.

Unknown said...

Democracy is simply TOTM--the tyranny of the majority or, more realistically, the tyranny of the minority masquerading as the majority. It is the political system that guarantees that up to 50% (oftentimes more) of the people will be harmed.
What you described above are simply personal choices. Fortunately, democracy (which actually does not exist, and has not existed since ancient Greece) has not infringed (to a significant or noticeable extent) upon personal choices.
For better or for worse, personal choices do not always present favourable results. Thus, we have to be thankful that democracy does not exist. Democracy is bad people making bad choices.

Post a Comment